Beat The Jet Lag
BEAT THE JET LAG
We all love the thrill and excitement of travelling, exploring vast cities, experiencing different cultures and meeting new people. But there is nothing more frustrating than the debilitating feeling of Jet lag. The past two years I have been flying back and fourth from LA to Australia for work... 6 times in one year... and I think I've finally got the hang of it. No Matter where you are flying, these Natural Tips and Tricks should help you beat that Jetlag.
Jet lag is the cause of your body clock and rhythm being all out of whack, so its best to try and shift your sleeping patterns just prior to your trip, and most importantly make sure you get enough rest.
The night before you fly, try to sleep slightly earlier or later (earlier if you’re traveling east, later if you’re travelling west)
My number one tip....You'll hate me for this - Avoid the TV.. I am a crazy person and I don't watch the tv, at all... Even on long haul flights.... I journal, read (a little bit) sit in the dark under my big black hoodie and listen to music, dance in my mind and think/process/manifest. For me, eliminating the exposure to white light, really helps me to switch off, get extra rest and shift my sleeping pattern to whatever I need. So, with a little preparation, calculation, checking the time zone, and trying to sleep at the time that will suit your next destination, you should feel pretty fresh! Sometimes i am exhausted enough to sleep the whole time, Alternatively if you cant sleep well on planes, or get uncomfortable, here are my Natural remedies to relax you and help you nod off.
- Good quality CBD OIL! - where it is allowed.
- Meditation in darkness.... try your hardest to sleep on the plane I know this may seem hard. It is uncomfortable, especially if you're tall. So meditating and listening to calming music helps me slow my heart rate, breathing and eventually helps me sleep or at least rest/nap.
- Take your own healthy snacks on the plane! You are allowed to take any food on the plane you like as long as its not liquid, i.e soup, and once I had my runny hummus taken off me... sadness... Anyway, point is - take your own delicious natural food and fresh fruit... don't eat that terrifying microwaved plane food! Some foods naturally boost your melatonin production, helping you sleep. So, pack fruit salad with cherries, pineapple, oranges, bananas and oats (to name a few).
- Increase your Fluid intake and avoid caffeine and alcohol, just for the day of the flight and while you're on the plane. As it will dehydrate you! Drinking Lots of herbal tea, especially Valerian root or Chamomile tea will help to you relax. For other flavours, Red Seal Black Adder Liquorice root tea is my favourite, as well as Pukka Three Cinnamon
- Lavender essential oil, is wonderfully relaxing, I remember as a child my mum put it on my pillow and temples to help me sleep at night. Try a Spray or oil with Lavender from Perfect Potion
- Try to ingest lots of ginger for a few days after your flight to get that metabolism back in order and keep you full of healthy energy - ginger can be consumed in tea form, freshly cut or grated and steeped in boiling water and used in cooking - get creative!
- Now I know I'm nuts at the best of times, but my favourite thing to do, straight off a long flight is go to a gentle class or to the gym and move my body. Even better if your can find a sauna, especially infrared. I feel so refreshed and energised after I get my heart rate up, get those endorphins pumping and sweat it out! But… a workout might seem completely ridiculous if your feeling exhausted, so as long as your take a leisurely stroll or get out in the sun for a minute - you'll feel fab.
- Hydrate, Hydrate Hydrate. Drink lots fo water, and Juice! You might not always find good quality fresh juice wherever you may be, I whenever I travel I take Bare Blends Bare Greens with me, its simply a powder form Organic Green juice full of energy boosters and alkalising greens such as - Organic Wheat Grass, Organic Chlorella, Organic Barley Grass, Organic Apple, Organic Spirulina, Organic Kale, Organic Spinach, Organic Mango, Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea, Organic Lemon, Organic Silica... All you do is stir it through a cup of filtered water with a squeeze of lemon or lime and Hey, Presto! Organic green juice... @bareblends
Good Vibes. Love, Mimi